Travelling from Peckham Rye Station
Peckham Rye station is at the intersection of two railway lines - one from London Bridge in a south west direction, and one coming from Blackfriars and Victoria (which join at Denmark Hill) and going south east to Kent. This means that going into central London Peckham Rye is directly connected to several Tube lines:
- London Bridge within 10 minutes connections to Jubilee & Northern Lines
- Blackfriars within 13 minutes connections to District & Circle Lines (suspended until Autumn 2011 for work at Blackfriars)
- St Pancras/Kings Cross (via Blackfriars) within 23 minutes to Northern, Victoria, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan, Circle Lines
- Victoria within 15 minutes to Victoria, Circle, District Lines
Going out of central London there are several ultimate destinations in south London, Kent and Surrey.
This page lists handy tips from rail users on how to use the interconnections going into central London, and out of London. If you would like to contribute more tips please email email@example.com
Going into central London
* to Charing Cross from Peckham Rye (change at LB) about 25 mins:
- train to London Bridge from PR platform 2 several times an hour (not well spaced - check train times); at LB cross the station platform bridge to platform 6, trains to Charing Cross every 5 minutes or so, and takes about 8 minutes. Also from Denmark Hill, East Dulwich, Peckham Rye, Queen's Rd Peckham, South Bermondsey.
* to Oxford Circus from Peckham Rye (change at LB or Victoria) about 25 mins:
- train to London Bridge (Platform 2 at PR), 6tph (not equally spaced) change to Jubilee Line. Also from North Dulwich, East Dulwich, Denmark Hill, Queens Rd, South Bermondsey OR
- train to Victoria (Platforms 1 and 3 at PR) 4tph not equally spaced), change to Victoria Line. Also from Nunhead, & Denmark Hill
* to St Pancras direct from Peckham Rye about 23 mins: - train from Sevenoaks on PR platform 3 every half an hour (more in peak times) destination Bedford or Kentish Town via City Thameslink, Farringdon & St Pancras. Also from Nunhead & Denmark Hill.
Going across London
* north to Bedford or Kentish Town from Peckham Rye: - via St Pancras direct, twice an hour, about 23 mins - train from Sevenoaks on PR platform 3 every half an hour (more in peak times). Also from Nunhead & Denmark Hill.