*[[Rye Lane Traders' Association]]
[[Image:09.12.16 half round DSCF5167 redcd.jpg|left|
150px|thumb|PTC Forum 16th December 2009]]The Peckham Town Centre Forum emerged in December 2009, from discussions in the Rye Lane & Station Action Group – [[Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum#Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum_Origins|see below.]] It was initiated and facilitated by Peckham Vision as an informal gathering of people in different roles, who are keen to improve Peckham Town Centre and have energy and enthusiasm, who get together to share ideas and take actions. Local residents have come together with architects, urban designers, business people, artists, gallery owners, creative entrepreneurs and others, with ward councillors, and Council officers from town planning and other departments with roles relating to the town centre. This has enabled a continuing dialogue which is leading to more informed actions. The actions have developed beyond fixed meetings into collaborative working across a network of local interested people. Meetings are generally in the CLF Art Cafe in the [[Bussey building]] [see picture] in the heart of the [[Copeland_Cultural_Quarter|Copeland Cultural Quarter]] where Peckham Vision was born, or in the Old Waiting Room, or in All Saints Church Hall Blenheim Grove. In October 2014, Copeland Park provided an exhibition studio space for the use of Peckham Vision in recognition of the role Peckham Vision has played over the last 9 years in bringing different interests across the town centre together. <br>
Pictures (copyright)Peckham Vision
[[Image:IMGP1368.JPG|right|200px|thumb|PTC Forum 18th March 2010]]
Since 2009 there have been many well attended meetings in the CLF Art Cafe in the [[Bussey Building]]. There has also been much discussion via email and at ad hoc meetings and through Peckham Vision stall and mobile exhibition at local community fairs and events.
This has confirmed the well of enthusiasm and energy and ideas waiting to be tapped for town centre revitalisation. At meetings, Open Space and other participative processes are used to encourage the development of ideas, networking and the nurturing of contacts for self-initiated actions.
=====Previous meetings and actions:=====
* [[Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum/meetings#2014|2014 Forum meetings and events]]
* [[Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum/meetings#2013|August - December 2013 meetings and events]]
[[Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum/meetings|For the details from each of these meetings including the minutes read more]]
* improving the public realm now by better joined-up working on Council's town centre responsibilities
* retail security & commercial potential
* facilities for young people
* how all these matters relate to health & well being <br>
* linking to [[Media:The_New_Peckham_Experiment_3_March.doc|New Peckham Experiment]], and following up the stimulating seminar held on [[Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum/meetings#22nd_April_2010|22 April]]
* linking of community initiatives for overall sustainability
These emerge through [[Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum/meetings|the meetings]] and their follow up, and developing the contacts made through the Forum.