- Holdrons Arcade and the Bussey Building were closed during the Covid-19 Public Health emergency. The Arcade has been refurbished and the Peckham Vision shop has been in action again since 17th September 2021 (the Peckham Festival weekend). There is a continuing display of information about our community work in the town centre and how planning and regeneration are linked with excessive demolition and redevelopment, damaging neighbourhoods and contributing to the climate emergency. During the pandemic we continued our work by digital means. We are active on Facebook and twitter so please follow @peckhamvision or click on the buttons at the top left of the screen.
- This page is where we are collecting references and links with useful info about the health emergency. Any queries, please email - email@example.com
- To find your way round this website scroll down the middle part of this Main page: and click one by one from the top on the links.
- Peckham Vision's community shop in Holdrons Arcade. Information displays & exhibition every day during Arcade opening hours, lights on 2pm-8pm.
- Bussey studio was open every few weeks on a publicised date' - suspended during the current Covid pandemic
“Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
AYLESHAM SITE CAMPAIGN
- Wednesday 10th August 8pm-8.45pm on Zoom online community meeting. Register by email or scan QR code on poster ---->
- Most Saturdays 11am-1pm at entrance to Aylesham Centre, Rye Lane, ACA table and leaflets about the site redevelopment. Come and visit.
- Self-led site visit at any time. Download a leaflet from the pdf here
- Latest news & history of Aylesham redevelopment
- EXHIBITION: 1st July 2-5pm, 2nd July 11am-5pm, 2022 Mountview, Peckham Library Sq
- Tours: 2nd July noon & 4pm restored historic buildings Peckham High St
- for details click to the right >>>>>>>>
OTHER NEWS - articles, essays & submissions
- OLD KENT ROAD COMMUNITY CAMPAIGN - local people meeting to develop Plan B, the alternative sustainable plan. based on re-use-led not demolition-led regeneration. Click here for LATEST NEWS.
- THE PLANNER AWARD 2020 - 'Eileen has pioneered community engagement in the planning process through her work with Peckham Vision' says The Planner in its list of planning's Women of Influence for 2020. Southwark News 10 April 2020
- Peckham Vision in the Sunday Times: Sunday Times "PECKHAM’S NEW ORDER - (pdf) October 17th, 2021
- COMMUNITY-LED REGENERATION September 2021 Property Week South London citizens’ action group Peckham Vision has been shown to be successful...
- LONDON MAYORAL STATEMENT OF COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (MSCI) in RTPI The Planner May 2021
- FACT BASED AUDITS How to transform community engagement: - New London Quarterly viewpoint
- INSIDE-OUT DEVELOPMENT Real community engagement as the new normal
- London Plan Public Hearings - Peckham Vision's evidence for different ways of enabling community contributions to planning:
- Peckham Vision statement on importance of collaboration with the organised community sector.
- Peckham Vision statement - Central Rye Lane as case study of regeneration without demolition and redevelopment.
- TIME OUT. Sep 2018
- COPELAND PARK Jan 2020 Peckham Vision and a history of Copeland Park
- PECKHAM MULTI STOREY CAMPAIGN Merchandise for sale in Peckham Vision studio on Open Studio days.
HOW TO USE THIS WEBSITE - please click on the links below:
- click HERE for live feed to Peckham Vision Facebook and Twitter: Frequent news update:
- NEXT EVENTS & Action
- CURRENT TOPICAL ISSUES
- Community Engagement
- Planning & Development
- Central Rye Lane
- Other Planning
- Working together
- Peckham rail services
- Peckham road traffic
- Peckham Action Group (PAG)
Events & Action
- Peckham Vision CURRENT VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES: enquiries welcomed.
- Peckham Vision's shop: Information window displays & exhibition showing every day. Holdrons Arcade is reopening on Monday 15th June.
- Peckham Multi Storey campaign merchandise for sale in the studio on Open Studio days
NEXT EVENTS in 2020
CORONAVIRUS - COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY - Like most others we are now confined to our homes and working from home. We can't arrange events but we are active on Facebook and twitter so please follow @peckhamvision or click on the buttons at the top left of the screen. This page is where we are collecting references and links to useful info about the health emergency. This was our last event before the emergency lockdown:
- Saturday 14th March 2020 midday to 5pm drop-in to PV Community Open Studio
Previous Peckham Vision public events - click to see below
Current topical issues
- Climate Change **Latest
- Old Mill Building **information
- Heritage Local List **information
- Blackpool Road site **Latest & register interest
- Aylesham/Morrison site **Latest
- New Southwark Plan (NSP) ** Latest news
- Southwark Planning Network (SPN) ** information
- Old Kent Road Area Action Plan (AAP) ** Latest news
- The Peckham Experiment ** history & today
- Peckham Multi Storey future **Success!
- Protect Peckham's rooftop views ** Background ** Sign the petition
- Old Waiting Room & Staircase restoration **Latest
- Public toilets **Latest
- Peckham Rye Station **Latest
- Current planning applications ** Latest
- Major developments in Peckham town centre **Background
Community engagement: Peckham Vision
- facilitates and encourages informed discussion about the management and future of Peckham Town Centre,
- pioneers ways of connecting local people who want to contribute, including Peckham Town Centre Forum.
Planning and Development:
- Central Rye Lane
- Other Planning
Peckham rail services:
- Peckham Rye station is served by three different rail companies. Each rail company has maps of just their own services into and out of London. This means:
- the Tube map shows just TfL services, and none of the other several direct connections with the Tube.
- Network Rail's maps don’t give a clear picture about Peckham’s Tube connections.
- So we produced a map (posted to the right here) showing Peckham's direct connections to the Tube, and to central London. It shows how they link with TfL's underground (Tube) and overground services.
- Click the map for a print copy. Click here for more background.campaign to improve services
Peckham Road Traffic
- Issues & news
- Bellenden Road traffic diversion May-June 2018
Peckham Action Group
- SUCCESS! Peckham Multi Storey listed as Asset of Community Value (ACV) 13 November 2017
- PECKHAM MULTI STOREY CAMPAIGN MERCHANDISE FOR SALE IN PECKHAM VISION SHOP HOLDRONS ARCADE
ELECTION HUSTINGS ON PLANNING & REGENERATION 14 April 2018 Christ Church, OldKentRoad:
Previous Peckham Vision public events
These are the notices that were posted on this Main (home) page.
- Saturday 22nd January 2022 11am-12.45pm Community online workshop: Aylesham Centre Redevelopment
- SATURDAY 17th JULY 2021 3pm-5pm, community drop-in in Burgess Park. Details from email OKRCommunityCampaign.com
- Saturday 4th September 2021 midday to 5pm Peckham Vison 'Community Action' stall at Peckham Rye Fete. More info.
- LAST EVENT BEFORE COVID-19 LOCKDOWN - Saturday 14th March 2020 midday to 5pm drop-in to PV Community Open Studio. click here to download poster. A report on this successful event, the last before the lockdown, is coming soon. DETAILS >>>>>>>>
- from 23 March to 10 July:
NOTICE: Holdrons Arcade and the Bussey Building are closed during the Covid 19 Public Health emergency. We give good wishes to keep well to all our visitors and hope the human world comes through this in a better place for handling the many challenges there are facing us all. The emergency is already showing the importance of strong local communities and networks. We are continuing our work by digital means to help strengthen those in our neighbourhood in preparation for when we all come through this. We will arrange an Open Studio event when we know we can all socialise again. Like most others we are now confined to our homes and working from home. We can't arrange events but we are active on Facebook and twitter so please follow @peckhamvision or click on the buttons at the top left of the screen. This page is where we are collecting references and links to useful info about the health emergency. Any queries, please email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sats 22 & 29 Feb 10am-2pm, Wed 26 & Thurs 27 Feb 4-8pm: Aylesham Redevelopment exhibition at Aylesham Centre. Info: http://www.ayleshamcentrepeckham.co.uk
- Saturday 22nd February 2-4pm South London Art Gallery. Impact of community action on townscape. Info & Book: https://www.southlondongallery.org/events/histories-in-focus-what-could-have-been/
- Tuesday 18th February 7-9pm Network Rail Public meeting on Peckham Rye station. All Saints Hall, Blenheim Grove Info & Book: http://www.tinyurl.com/rfydqn5 Further Info.
- Sunday 19th January 2020 midday to 5pm drop-in to PV Community Open Studio
- Sunday 19th January 2020 midday to 5pm drop-in to PV Community Open Studio
- Sat & Sun 7th & 8th December 12pm-5pm Peckham Vision studio is open for drop-in visits.
- Wednesday 6th November 2019 7pm-8.30pm Public Meeting on Blackpool Road redevelopment plans, at Old Mill Building - visit the Building 6.30pm-7.00pm
- Saturday 14th, 12pm to 5pm, drop-in Peckham Vision Open Studio in the Bussey Building
- Saturday 16th, 6pm-8pm, Extinction Rebellion meeting in Copeland Yard
- Sunday 15th, 12pm to 5pm, SMFF Interfaith Walk Peckham start
- Wednesday 18th, 5pm to 8pm, drop-in Rye Lane Ward meeting Peckham Palms
- Saturday 21st, 10am to 5pm, Old Waiting Room Open City day
- Saturday 21st, 12pm to 5pm, Rye Links traders day in Copeland Yard
- Sat 7th September 12pm-5pm Peckham Rye Fete
- Sat 3rd August 5-6pm at 183 Bermondsey St, SE1. Long Live South Bank - Protecting our community spaces: panel discussion including Eileen Conn from Peckham Vision. Free exhibtion & events 11am-7pm
- Fri 26th July 11am-4pm at Tate Exchange. Register here. Eileen Conn from Peckham Vision leading a workshop on the nature of community, in Just Space workshop developing collaboration between community groups and universities.
- Saturday 29th June 12=6pm Peckham Vision stall at Brimmington Park Festival.
- Wed 3rd July 6.30-7pm drop-in to see the building Save the Old Mill Building (OMB) campaign
- Wed 3rd July 7-9pm Local Heritage workshop in the OMB.
- Saturday 1st June 12-3pm: Peckham Vision stall Level 5 at Open Studios Peckham Levels
- Saturday 18th May 11am-5pm: & visit Peckham Vision stall at Nunhead Cemetery Open Day.
- Save the Old Mill Building campaign:
- from 13th February drop-in each Wednesday 6.15-7.15pm see building and exhibition, and give your views.
- Wed 20th March 6pm exhibtion, 7-9pm Public meeting. Local Heritage. Speakers & discussion.
- Sat 1st December 12-6pm Peckham Vision studio in Bussey Winter Open Studios
- Sat 1st December 12-4pm Peckham Vision stall in Peckham Levels Open Studios Weekend
- Mon 22nd October 2018 7-9pm Southwark Planning Network meeting with Council
- Sat & Sun 22nd & 23rd September Old Waiting Room open 10am-5pm in Open House weekend
- Saturday 15th September Peckham Vision in Peckham Festival
- PV Studio exhibition on story of community action, open 12-2pm
- PV Central Rye Lane Walk 2-4pm, start in PV Bussey studio. Book here.
- Sunday 9th September Inter Faith walk starts 12pm at Old Mill Building, 72 Copeland Road
- Saturday 1st September 12-5pm: PV stall AT Peckham Rye Fete
- Sat 21st July PV displays in School for Civic Action at Tate Exchange
- 9th June 2018 PV stall at Peckham Levels Open Studios.
- Goose Green in Dulwich Festival: Sunday 13th May 11am-4pm
- Nunhead Cemetery Open Day: Saturday 19th May 11am-5pm
- ELECTION HUSTINGS ON PLANNING & REGENERATION Saturday 14th April 2.00-5pm, Christ Church, 676 Old Kent Road:
- PLANNING POLICIES to 2035/40 - community arranged drop-in advice events for making comments are being held on 8th, 15th, 17th, 25th, 29th, 30th January, and 5th February. More information here.
- Tuesday 23rd January 7-9pm Public Meeting on Conservation Areas & Heritage
- Sat 28th October 2017 Planning training workshop
- 15th-17th September: Peckham Vision events
- Wed 11th and Wed 18th October 2017, 12 midday-9pm Peckham Vision Open Studio'
- Saturday 2nd September 12-5pm Peckham Vision stall at Peckham Rye Fete
- Wed 14th June 2017 6.15-8.30pm Talk on the Old Waiting Room restoration.
- Tues 30th May 6.30pm for 7-9pm: Localism workshop
- Apply by 19th May: Exciting new job opportunity - Neighbourhood Planning Caseworker:ADVERT Based at Southwark Law Centre in Peckham
- Sat 20th May 11am-5pm Nunhead Cemetery Open Day
- Sun 11th May 11am-4pm Goose Green fair
- 6th May - THANK YOU to 5,200+ people who wrote to the Council on the future of the Peckham Multi Storey. More news soon.
- Up to 5pm 28th April Council consultation on New Southwark Plan (NSP). DETAILS HERE.
- Comment on NSP proposal to demolish cinema & multi storey car park. LETTER HERE. Further info here.
- Saturday 1st April 11am-2pm tour of NSP sites & studio discussion. Info here. **Book here
- Tues 21st March Shop open from 2pm, + special drop-in session for Peckham Levels
- Sat 31st January Community Council meeting + exhibition on Public Health & Wellbeing: Peckham Vision display about the Peckham Experiment
- Thurs 26th January 5-9pm Peckham Vision shop open; 7.30-9pm Burns Night Poetry evening
- Saturday 21st January 2-5pm St James's hall, Elm Grove - community workshop on Aylesham Centre redevelopment
- Thursday 12th January 2017 4-8pm drop-in Barry's Café beside station for Council's news on station square redevelopment.
- Support the small Peckham Vision team: please complete our SURVEY by 20 November 2016. Further info click here.
- Sat 12th Nov Peckham Meetup: drop-in to PV Holdron's Arcade shop between 2-5pm
- Click to see the Council survey of 'co-design' with Station Sq & Library Sq developments Survey closed. Report awaited.
- Fri, Sat, Sun Peckham Vision's exhibition, and walk & workshop in Peckham Festival
- Sat 10th Sep 2.30-4.30pm PV tour & talk of central Rye Lane in Peckham Festival walk
- Sun 11th Sep 4.30-5.45pm PV workshop on Peckham's future in Peckham Festival workshop
- Sat 3rd September 12-5pm Peckham Vision stall at Peckham Rye Fete
- Previous 2016 Peckham Vision public events
- Tues 19th July drop-in 3-8pm.Launch of Peckham Town Centre Cleanup!
- Sat 2nd July 12pm-6pm at Brimmington Park Festival
- Wed 29th June 7pm Deputation to Community Council on cumulative impact of planning applications
- Sunday 5th June 1pm-6pm at Choumert Sq Open Gardens Day
- Saturday 21st May 11am-5pm at Friends of Nunhead Cemetery Open day
- Sunday 8th May 11am-4pm at Goose Green Dulwich festival and more
- 27th January 2016 'Peckham's future' community meeting: report & pictures
2015 and before
- Notes on previous events can be found here: https://www.peckhamvision.org/wiki/Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum/meetings
- Account of the emergence of the series of meetings about the community work in the town centre from 2009: https://www.peckhamvision.org/wiki/Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum
Follow us on Twitter...