Hannah Barry Gallery
In November 2007 the Bussey Building, hosted a seated dinner for 115 guests to celebrate a year of exhibitions at 78 Lyndhurst Way and thank the many people who have helped and encouraged the artists in their work. Inspired by the unusual conditions at 78 Lyndhurst Way, with its ten rooms and garden, the programme of monthly exhibitions at the house exhibited monograph bodies of work within a group show. The subject of each show was chosen to encourage progress and experimentation to help young artists develop their ideas in reference to our time. The Hannah Barry Gallery has been founded to continue and progress this kind of work.
- An Exhibition of New Work by Bobby Dowler
In February the first floor of the Bussey Building was used to show Many Worlds, a large exhibition of new work (sculpture, collage and drawing) by Bobby Dowler and the second of the year from the Hannah Barry Gallery (see photos below).
The exhibition ran for 9 days from Thursday 20 until Friday 29 February and was also accompanied by a sequence of events devised by the artist. All events took place in the exhibition at The Bussey Building, apart from Pause A Moment (two short plays by Samuel Beckett directed by Osh Jones), which was performed at The Bickleigh Arms, a disused pub on Vestry Road in Camberwell.
Full Programme of Events:
- Thursday 21st February - Many Worlds (Private View) - 6 – 9pm
- Friday 22nd February - Pause A Moment: Two Short Plays - Directed by Osh Jones - 8pm
- Saturday 23rd February - Pause A Moment: Two Short Plays - Directed by Osh Jones - 8pm
- Sunday 24th February - Class for Experimental Drawing - Led by Bobby Dowler - 2pm
- Wednesday 27th February - Space and Gravity, Balance and the Biosphere - A Discussion - 7.30pm
- Thursday 28th February - Poems and Song-Poems - Readings led by Octavia Lamb - 7.30pm
For more information see http://www.hannahbarry.com/