Hannah Barry Gallery
November 2007 saw the Bussey Building, in one of its magnificent large rooms, host a seated dinner for 115 guests to celebrate a year of art exhibitions at 78 Lyndhurst Way, organized by the Hannah Barry Gallery. It was a celebration and thanks to the many people who have helped and encouraged this work. Guests came from across London and across the seas. Inspired by the unusual conditions at 78 Lyndhurst Way, with its ten rooms and garden, the programme of monthly exhibitions exhibited monograph bodies of work within a group show. The subject of each show was chosen to encourage progress and experimentation to help young artists develop their ideas in reference to our time.
For more information about the Hannah Barry Gallery contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.hannahbarry.com/.
Many Worlds - A Sequence of Events
On the evening of Thursday 21st February the first floor of the Bussey Building was packed with people celebrating the opening of MANY WORLDS by Bobby Dowler, the second exhibition of the year from the Hannah Barry Gallery (see photos below). The exhibition is on the first floor at The Bussey Building, 133 Rye Lane, Peckham SE15. This Victorian cricket bat factory is just across the road from Peckham Rye station. The exhibition will run until Friday 29th February, open 3 – 8 pm daily and 12 – 5 pm at the weekend, accompanied by a sequence of timed events.
All events will take place in the exhibition at The Bussey Building, 133 Rye Lane, Peckham SE15 4ST, apart from Pause A Moment, which will be performed at The Bickleigh Arms, 74 Vestry Road, SE5 8NX.
- Thursday 21st February - Many Worlds (Private View) - 6 – 9pm
- Friday 22nd February - Pause A Moment: Two Short Plays - Directed by Osh Jones - 8pm
- Saturday 23rd February - Pause A Moment: Two Short Plays - Directed by Osh Jones - 8pm
- Sunday 24th February - Class for Experimental Drawing - Led by Bobby Dowler - 2pm
- Wednesday 27th February - Space and Gravity, Balance and the Biosphere - A Discussion - 7.30pm
- Thursday 28th February - Poems and Song-Poems - Readings led by Octavia Lamb - 7.30pm
The exhibition runs Friday 22nd – Friday 29th February. Open 3 – 8 pm daily and 12 – 5 pm at the weekend.
For more information see http://www.hannahbarry.com/