From Peckham Vision
This page is collecting references and useful information about the coronavirus - Covid-19 - as it progresses, and its impact - and info about its effect on the human way of life in all dimensions. Started 14th April 2020.
- 18 August 2022 NHS to roll out variant busting booster jab from September ahead of winter.
- 15 August 2022 Omicron booster vaccine will be used in UK rollout after world first approval
- 15 August 2022 Did Sweden’s controversial COVID strategy pay off? In many ways it did – but it let the elderly down
- 29 July 2022 Covid infections on the way down again across the UK.
- 22nd April 2022 Healthcare in UK - graphs & data for Latest 7 days - Patients admitted, Patients in hospital, Patients in ventilation beds.
- 12th April 2022 Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest insights: Hospitals The hospital admission rate of COVID-19-confirmed patients in England continued to increase to 20.46 per 100,000 people in the week ending 3 April 2022.
- 27th February 2022 Coronavirus UK Hospitalisations
- 25th February 2022 Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest insights
- 28th December 2021 Prof Lockdown's 'apocalyptic' omicron claims undermine faith in vaccines and have fuelled unnecessary shutdowns
- 16th December 2021 Wuhan lab leak 'now the most likely origin of Covid', MPs told.
- 15th December 2021 Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in my area? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
- 12th December 2021 Covid: Boris Johnson sets new booster target over 'Omicron tidal wave' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59631570
- 11th December 2021 Covid: Omicron study suggests major wave in January https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59621029
- 19th October 2021 Covid: Why are UK cases so high? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58954793
- 9th October 2021 Covid: The UK is Europe's virus hotspot - does it matter? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58849024
- 6th July 2021 Covid map: Coronavirus cases, deaths, vaccinations by country https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105
- 15th June 2021 A Top Virologist in China, at Center of a Pandemic Storm, Speaks Out https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/14/world/asia/china-covid-wuhan-lab-leak.html
- 12th June 2021 theory that coronavirus escaped from a Wuhan lab is now considered credible. If true, it has grave implications for the world. https://www.newstatesman.com/2021/06/china-s-covid-cover-wuhan-lab-leak
- 5th June 2021 Why we should welcome the lab leak hypothesis https://unherd.com/2021/06/why-we-should-welcome-the-lab-leak-theory/?=frbottom
- 27 May 2021 New poll reveals public anger at China over Covid https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/new-poll-reveals-public-anger-at-china-over-covid
- 25 May 2021 Can Dominic Cummings read the room? https://unherd.com/2021/05/dominic-cummings-cant-read-the-room/?tl_inbound=1&tl_groups
- 15 May 2021 Could the Indian variant slow unlocking? https://blend.spectator.co.uk/t/ViewEmail/j/02483E30C7EA8F6A2540EF23F30FEDED/1B341224819FB2C03EDEEDC46EB9B960
- 15 May 2021 I went from regular TV commentator on COVID to long COVID sufferer in just a few months https://theconversation.com/i-went-from-regular-tv-commentator-on-covid-to-long-covid-sufferer-in-just-a-few-months-158331
- 13 May 2021 Virus strain in India has mutations that increase transmission, says top WHO scientist https://scroll.in/latest/994455/covid-19-double-mutant-strain-might-be-evading-vaccine-protection-in-india-says-top-who-scientist
- 9 April 2021 Covid-19 deaths in Brazil and Latin America https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-56663217
- 28 March 2021 Covid-19: UK 'confident' of second vaccine doses within 12 weeks and Lockdown easing:key dates https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56554905
- 24 March 2021 What we learned from tracking every COVID policy in the world. https://theconversation.com/what-we-learned-from-tracking-every-covid-policy-in-the-world-157721
- 21 March 2021 The Covid-19 situations in the Balkans, Baltic states and Central Europe are among the worst in the world, the WHO said https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/dying-covid-19-now-europe-first-wave-uk-variant-takes-hold/
- 13 March 2021 Coronavirus: What is the R number and how is it calculated? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52473523
- 5 March 2021 Vaccinations in United Kingdom https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations
- 13 February 2021 Covid vaccine: How many people in the UK have been vaccinated so far? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55274833
- 16 January 2021 The latest reproduction number (R) and growth rate of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-number-in-the-uk
- 9 January 2021 Comparing countries' vaccination programmes https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/merkel-s-government-faces-civil-war-over-vaccine-failures
- 8 January 2021 Covid-19: 'Major incident' declared by London Mayor Sadiq Khan: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55588163
Earliest dates first
- April 2020. Children's book - https://www.peckhamvision.org/wiki/images/7/7b/Coronavirus_A_Book_For_Children.pdf
- Daily. Tracking the global pandemic as it happened and happens - a series of maps and charts tracks the spread of the virus since it emerged in China in December last year: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105 Source: Johns Hopkins University, updated daily.
- 10 April 2020. The treadmill just stopped. Bam! … It’s the greatest gift ever unwrapped - The Great Pause - we have the opportunity to see what would happen if the world simply stopped … Prepare for the Ultimate Gaslighting* by @juliovincent in @forgemag https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for-the-ultimate-gaslighting-6a8ce3f0a0e0
- 11 May 2020. The global spread of Covid 19 - its identical pattern around the world, and how the counties with less developed health systems are next in line: https://bit.ly/3fExUGA
- 21 May 2020. Southwark Council asks for help from local people to combat COVID-19 by suggesting healthier streets: https://bit.ly/3cmxjGU
- 6 June 2020 Coronavirus UK map: How many confirmed cases are there in your area? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
- 13 June 2020 Revealed: the 254 neighbourhoods where there have been no Covid-19 deaths - is yours one? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/12/revealed-254-neighbourhoods-have-no-covid-19-deaths-one/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr
- 18 June 2020 Coronavirus: What is the true death toll of the pandemic? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53073046
- 10 July 2020 Coronavirus Live Maps - Follow how many cases, deaths and tests: UK and worldwide : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/coronavirus-uk-cases-deaths-world-map-live/
- 11 July 2020 Reported cases of Covid-19 in London continually updated https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/coronavirus--covid-19--cases
- 15 July 2020 New Statesman presents a comprehensive and forensic examination of the British government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic. https://go.pardot.com/webmail/509131/481781103/a676b19dfe7853521a7b43bd9994530e0e95aa2de5f74b8711db8e169efb4c11
- 18 July 2020 Here’s how scientists know the coronavirus came from bats and wasn’t made in a lab https://theconversation.com/heres-how-scientists-know-the-coronavirus-came-from-bats-and-wasnt-made-in-a-lab-141850
- 9 August 2020 What is the global situation now? Only if we end the pandemic everywhere can we end the pandemic anywhere. The entire world has the same goal: cases of COVID-19 need to go to zero. The chart below shows which countries are making progress to this goal and which are not. https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus
- 31 October 2020 How do pandemics end? By the Visual Journalism Team 7 October 2020 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-876f42ae-5e44-41c0-ba2d-d6fd537aadfe
- 2 November 2020 Coronavirus UK map: How many confirmed cases are there in your area? (repeated from above) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
- 18 November 2020 International comparisons of deaths because of coronavirus: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53780196
- December 2020 What is the situation in your local area? : https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/