This page is being developed
*[[Peckham Town Centre]]
*[[Peckham Town Centre Forum/meetings]]
*[[Art Deco Quarter]]
==Suggestions & Guidance==
Planning applications have short deadlines of weeks, and there are many documents to read to work out what are the key issues. There are technical planning aspects to follow and it needs an understanding of the planning application process. To help in all this, this page gives suggestions and information about how to think about a planning proposal in Peckham town centre, and how to respond to the planning application. '''
It also contains in Section 2 below information about specific applications. These are in date order with the most recent first. '''[[Image:Peckhamprojects small.png|right|200px|thumb|Peckham Town Centre. Click on map to show street names.] ]''' Photos marked PP are with thanks to [http://peckhampeculiar.tumblr.com Peckham Peculiar]
===Finding the documents===
Go to: http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk:8190/online-applications and enter the case number in the search box there. Case numbers begin with the year number then AP and then the case number, eg: 16/AP/1234. Click on '''Related Documents''', then '''View associated documents'''. This is often a very long list of documents. It can be useful to look at them in this order:
* Design & Access Statements (D&A) - there can be several numbered parts. Read these in number order. If you have little time to read all the documents, read the D&A to understand the proposal.
* Transport statement
* Planning statement
* Noise impact
* Plan existing and Plan proposed - these can be numerous and give drawings of existing building and proposed building.
[[Image:269-275 Rye Lane tumblr inline o7bow3Z3P11reu5wk 500.png|right|300px|thumb|proposed new building 269-275 Rye Lane.
Here is a checklist of topics to consider:
* Housing – type, who can afford them, how much social housing/affordable housing [[Planning_Applications_Overall#Social_housing_provision|See below.]]
* Loss of retail space or workspace either office or industrial.
* Damage to historic buildings or Conservation Area. [[Planning Applications Overall#Historic_buildings|See below.]]
* Effect on local environment.
* Benefit or not to local economy.
* Neighbours: visit/contact any businesses, organisations or individuals nearby who might be affected and ask them.
===Social housing provision===
* 30 units: minimum of 9-12 private, 9-12 ‘affordable’: 3-4 social, 6-8 intermediate
Look for the affordable housing information: click on Related Documents, and then View associated documents. The information should be in each of these documents:
* the application form
* the planning statement
* the Peckham Society: email Peter Frost firstname.lastname@example.org
* the relevant historical society eg [http://www.georgiangroup.org.uk Georgian Group], [https://www.google.co.uk/#q=victorian+society Victorian Society], [http://www.c20society.org.uk/ 20th Century Society.]
===Submit your comments===
The deadline for comments often changes as things happen which require more consultation time. This includes where documents are revised and updated when the Council should inform objectors, and invite further comment. It’s therefore advisable to ask questions or make objections early, if you have any. Few if anyone is going to have the time to read the papers on all planning applications. So focus on any buildings or sites that are of specific interest to you. If none are intrinsically interesting take one and look at the papers and see what you think, and write a comment. This helps to get familiar with the process. You can put in your own comments:
* on line on the public comments page for the relevant planning application on the council planning webpages, and/or
* email: email@example.com.
There is no formatting on the website comments page, so if yours has format also send a copy by email. To help us in our information to local people,
lease email a copy of your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can identify the issues to draw to local attention. If you have questions about the plans, submit them as comments as soon as you can. This might bring forth useful further information for further comment.
A development site is one where there is a publically declared intention to redevelop the site but it has not yet reached the planning application stage. [[Aylesham/Morrison_site|The Aylesham Centre and Morrison's supermarket and car park]] is an example. At this earlier stage, it means that there is more time to become familiar with the site and the issues before the planning application short period for consultation. There is also a small opportunity to influence the proposals before they are firmed up for the planning application. Some actions:
====Getting the background====
* Visit the site on the ground, and Google it. Become familiar with its location, what is around it, its size, its architecture, possible historical and other notable features, its current uses, and previous uses. Take some photos.
* Check if it is a development site in the PNAAP: [URL for PNAAP] Click on Appendix A PNAAP Adoption Version (9 MB PDF), and go to pages 139-140. The map on page 140 will show if the site is a development site. Note its PNAAP number.
====Taking more action====
Many of the development sites listed in the PNAAP '''[[Major developments|are shown on the map here
:]]''' [[PeckhamPlanningNetwork|The Peckham Planning Network]] is tracking the progress on these sites and initiating action where appropriate. If you wish to know more and join in, email email@example.com to join the mailing list. The meetings are bimonthly. [[Image:1 Rye Lane for Costa Coffee tumblr inline o727dhxUzx1reu5wk 500.png|right|300px|thumb|1 Rye Lane proposed Costa Coffee site. PP]] [[Image:Tumblr inline o7o6h9QeTd1reu5wk 500.png|right|300px|thumb|proposed new building 'Peckham Palms' in Bournemouth Close. PP ]]
==2016 Planning applications submitted==
===17th May 2016 current applications=== This year 2016, there has been an increase in significant applications that have wider implications. This is a result of: * developers' interest in the town centre increasing because of rising prices and of the approval of the Area Action Plan (PNAAP), * the Council juggernaut now implementing the development sites from the PNAAP. See suggestions and guidance above for ways to approach considering and commenting on planning applications.<br>'''[[ Media:16.05.13_planning_apps.pdf| Click here for some basic information]]''' , for each case below, including the link to the Council Planning webpage. ''' * '''TOWN CENTRE NORTH''' **[http://peckhampeculiar. tumblr.com/post/144294805839/plans-for -peckham-road-mansions-submitted 95 Peckham Road] (former petrol station) **[http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk:8190/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage 108 Peckham High St] (current Corals) **[http://peckhampeculiar.tumblr.com/post/144242983809/costa-coffee-submits-plans-for-peckham-branch 1 Rye Lane] (new Costa) *'''CENTRAL RYE LANE''' **95a Rye Lane (Peckham Levels) **133 Rye Lane (Front of Bussey) *'''TOWN CENTRE SOUTH''' **[http://peckhampeculiar.tumblr.com/post/144847381904/peckham-palms-plans-submitted Bournemouth Close] (Between Atwell Estate and Rye Lane, behind the shops) **[http://peckhampeculiar. tumblr.com/post/144292462789/post-office-closure-have-your-say 199/201 Rye Lane] (loss/relocation of Post Office) **[http://peckhampeculiar.tumblr.com/search/213+rye+lane 213 Rye Lane] (Lobos, fish shop and factory) **218-222 Rye Lane (Foxtons) **[http:/ /peckhampeculiar. tumblr. com/post/144502022169/30-flats-proposed-for-southern-rye-lane 285 Rye Lane] (opposite Pedlers & Old Spike Roastery)