[[Image:PTC View south towards central Rye Lane.jpg|right|
204px| thumb OWR exhibition]] Peckham Vision is a resident-led local community consortium of individuals who live, work or run a business in Peckham. Its vision is to support [[Peckham_Town_Centre|Peckham town centre]] as a thriving and sustainable social and commercial centre, and to contribute to Peckham being a good place for all in which to live, work and visit. The objects of the Group are to:* '''''Promote and encourage citizen action''''' to revitalise Peckham town centre so that it is an integrated and resilient place and links past, present and future for the benefit of all who live and work there.
* '''''Create and nurture ways of connecting people''''' in Peckham who share enthusiasm and desire to help develop and realise the potential of Peckham, and to make the lessons available beyond Peckham.<BR>
===An integrated town centre===
[[Image:IMG_7146 - PRS staircase at night.jpg|right|204px|thumb OWR exhibition]]
Since 2005 we have encouraged informed discussion about the development plans for Peckham Town Centre, and stimulated a variety of ideas for transforming the central area of Rye Lane around [[Peckham_Rye_Station|Peckham Rye station,]] [[Copeland_Cultural_Quarter|Copeland Cultural Quarter,]] and the [[Bussey_Building|Bussey building.]] Some material from this work since 2006 is on this website; see especially [[Transforming_Central_Rye_Lane|Transforming Central Rye Lane]] and [[Visions_for_Peckham#An_alternative_vision_for_Rye_Lane_Central|An alternative vision for Rye Lane Central]].<BR>
We have taken a lead to demonstrate the role of historical buildings restoration from an integrated view of Peckham town centre:* promoted the idea of recreating the public square in front of Peckham Rye station, to transform the pedestrian experience in that central part of Rye Lane. This is now a key part of the Council’s [[Peckham_Rye_Station#Station_square_.26_rear_courtyard|Gateway to Peckham project]] to realise the potential of [[Peckham_Rye_Station|Peckham Rye station]], and its location.
'''[photo historic station]'''* led the way in developing the vision and its implementation to restore the station [[Old_Waiting_Room|Old Waiting Room]], and the [[Peckham_Rye_Station/station_forecourt|Victorian staircase]] as a town centre function space, run as a community enterprise. ]* made the proposal to the Heritage Lottery Fund which resulted in a successful first round Council application for a [[News#16th_May_2012_Townscape_Heritage_Initiative_.28THI.29_success|Townscape Heritage Initiative (THI)]] to restore selected historic buildings in the town centre. '''[ photo historic buildings]''' <BR>
Image:7344 05-01-2013 Peckham Inter Faith Walk. jpg|left|204px| thumb OWR exhibition]]
We work with and link people and enterprises from the parallel local economies of local independent traders, '''[Rye Lane photo]''' creative enterprises, main stream retailers, the historic restoration work and the faith and religious world. '''[inter faith walk photo]''' The early years of this work stimulated the emergence of a [[Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum|Peckham Town Centre Forum]] which first met in December 2009. '''[photo Forum meeting]''' It has facilitated [[Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum/meetings|many events and interactions]] since then. '''[photos Forum events]''' <BR>
===Pioneering new approaches to citizen engagement===
Underpinning the historic restoration work is Peckham Vision’s development of a history and heritage learning project to link all Peckham educational ages to the restoration work and the way that connects with wider issues and aspects of town centre life. [LINK to new page summarising this ]<BR>
Peckham Vision is committed to developing good quality information to distribute in a variety of ways to local people, and to create innovative ways for them to become engaged in the work. There are
* continuing events, including seminars, guided walkabouts in the town centre, public meetings in the Bussey building and in the Old Waiting Room.
* exhibitions such as the [[OWR_exhibition|3 day exhibition]] in the Old Waiting Room, the exhibition displays in the ground floor foyer of Peckham library and mobile exhibitions at local community fairs.<BR>[[Image:IMG_6082 PV displays in Peckham Library foyer.jpg|204px|thumb OWR exhibition]] [[Image:Peckham Rye Fete 2012 041.jpg|204px|thumb OWR exhibition]] [[Image:Peckham Rye Fete 2012 040.jpg|204px|thumb OWR exhibition]] [[Image:IMG 9010 - PV at The Arches Open Studio.jpg|204px|thumb OWR exhibition]]
* regular emails to a mailing list of over 2500 local people on topical matters relating to the town centre and to the wider Peckham community and posted in the [http://peckhamresidents.wordpress.com PRN blog.]
* [http://www.facebook.com/PeckhamVision Facebook] and [http://twitter.com/PeckhamVision twitter] and local web discussion forums.
* new ways to cater for 'pop-up' volunteering to tap into the enthusiasm of hundreds of potential volunteers able to volunteer only for ad hoc opportunities.<BR>
* Peckham Vision works very closely with local organisations, particularly with the [http://www.peckhamsociety.org.uk Peckham Society,] the [http://www.bellenden.net/ Bellenden Residents Group,] the [http://peckhamresidents.wordpress.com/ Peckham Residents Network,] the [[Rye Lane Traders' Association|Rye Lane Traders' Association (RLTA),]] and [http://benedictolooney.co.uk/ Benedict O’Looney Architects].<BR>
There are working contacts with Southwark Council, and the rail companies - Network Rail and Southern Rail. [ In addition , the Peckham Rye Station Partnership [ LINK] formalises the working relationship between Peckham Vision and Southern Rail who manage the operational use of the railway station.]<BR>
* Peckham Vision is
a [ http://www. peckhamvision.org/ wiki/ images/ 1/ 16/Peckham_Vision_Constitution_Inaugural_Version_FINAL. pdf constituted] community association. The work is conducted by a small team of five residents who form the Management Board , supported by a range of local people who volunteer for particular events and activities. A Friends organisation is being planned for such supporters, and for fund raising. <BR>
[[Contact|Contact us]] through our contact page or email: [mailto:email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org] <BR>