*[[New Southwark Plan (NSP)]]
February 2019 open for visits===* An opportunity for '''drop-in visits to the Old Mill Building''' has been arranged with Community Outreach Ministries '''starting on Wednesday 13th February'''. The building will be open on '''Wednesdays each week from 6.15pm to 7.15pm '''when you can drop-in and see the building from the inside and the exhibition of photos and history about it and its restoration and its uses. More information to come. * Also a public meeting on Local Heritage is being arranged for '''Wed 20th March 2019 -6-9pm''' in the building. Details will be publicised.
To join the mailing list for the Old Mill Building campaign, please email email@example.com.
20170805 162639.jpg ||thumb|right| 350px|Old Mill Building]]
The large imposing Victorian building at 72 Copeland Road, next to the bus garage, was built in the 1870s to manufacture British wine, and continued until the 1950s. [http://www.peckhamsociety.org.uk/?p=1287 More of the history here] in the Peckham Society News. It is an important part of Peckham’s industrial history, along with the Bussey Building and the nearby brick rail arches.
* '''Demolition threat:''' It came into Council ownership and was part of the demolition planned by the Council for [[Cross-River_Tram#Tram_Depot_Impact|the tram depot site in 2004-2009.]] That would also have demolished Copeland Park, Bussey Building, Khan’s Bargain stores, Holdrons Arcade, Old Mill Building, Build Base and more. After Peckham Vision’s long campaign, this threat was finally lifted in 2009.
* '''Building restored:''' The building has been restored by Community Outreach Ministries and has great potential for community activities for decades to come. It is now under threat again by new Council plans for the redevelopment of both sides of [[Blackpool_Road#Introduction_to_Blackpool_Road_site|Blackpool Road.]]
* '''Protecting local heritage and community assets:''' The case for preserving it as a community asset and as a heritage building will be put by local people at the Public Hearings in 2019 into the [[New_Southwark_Plan_(NSP)|New Southwark Plan (NSP)]].
* '''Help save the building:''' You can support the community case by completing Peckham Vision’s short survey '''- see below -''' to give your views about the building. The comments will be collated as evidence to put to the Inspector at the NSP Public Hearings.
* ''''''[https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JZet63omwsPVbyOWOor23fKPx11oXqbx short video about the building,''']''' which is entered from Copeland Road opposite Bournemouth Road.
* '''LOCATION:''' The building is on Copeland Road opposite Bournemouth Road and opposite the entrance to Copeland Park and the Bussey Building. It is between Blackpool Road and the railway bridge. [[Media:OMB_location_image.pdf|See picture here.]]
===Community survey on preserving the building===
===December 2018 open for visits in 2019===
An opportunity for drop-in visits to the building has been arranged between February to April 2019. They will be on '''Wednesdays each week from 6.15pm to 7.15pm '''when you can drop in and see the building from the inside and the exhibition of photos and history about it and its restoration and its uses. A public meeting on Local Heritage is being arranged for '''Wed 20th March 2019 -6-9pm''' in the building. Details will be publicised. To join the mailing list for this please email firstname.lastname@example.org.