* '''''Promote and encourage citizen action''''' to help Peckham town centre to become an integrated and resilient place and links past, present and future for the benefit of all who live and work there.
* '''''Create and nurture ways of connecting people''''' in Peckham who share enthusiasm and desire to help develop and realise the potential of Peckham, and to make the lessons available beyond Peckham.<BR>
[[Image:Rye Lane Station 1880.jpg|right|204px|in front of station c. 1880]]
[[Image:Peckham Vision OWR Exh 024-01.jpg|right|204px|]]
[[Image:A6 PMS Postcard + Greetings card front-crop.jpg|thumb|right|300px|NSP56:Peckham Multi Storey]]
===An integrated town centre===
Since 2005 we have encouraged informed discussion about the development plans for Peckham Town Centre, and stimulated a variety of ideas for transforming the central area of Rye Lane around [[Peckham_Rye_Station|Peckham Rye station,]] [[Copeland_Cultural_Quarter|Copeland Cultural Quarter,]] and the [[Bussey_Building|Bussey building.]] Some material from this work since 2006 is on this website; see especially [[Transforming_Central_Rye_Lane|Transforming Central Rye Lane]] and [[Visions_for_Peckham#An_alternative_vision_for_Rye_Lane_Central|An alternative vision for Rye Lane Central]].<BR>
* led the way in developing the vision and its implementation to restore the station [[Old_Waiting_Room|Old Waiting Room]], and the [[Peckham_Rye_Station/station_forecourt|Victorian staircase]] as a town centre function space, run as a community enterprise.
* made the proposal to the Heritage Lottery Fund which resulted in a successful Council application for a [[News#16th_May_2012_Townscape_Heritage_Initiative_.28THI.29_success|Townscape Heritage Initiative (THI)]] to restore selected historic buildings in the town centre.<BR>
* taken the lead in bringing community views together at the PNAAP Public Inquiry leading to the [[Multi-Storey_Car_Park#March_2017_Planning_status|first saving of the Peckham Multi Storey building from redevelopment.]] For the
latest campaign '''[https://peckhamvision.wixsite.com/peckhammultistorey see here]'''
We work with and link residents and people and enterprises from the parallel local economies of local independent traders, ''' ''' creative enterprises, main stream retailers, the historic restoration work and the faith and religious world. ''' ''' The early years of this work stimulated the emergence of a [[Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum|Peckham Town Centre Forum]] which first met in December 2009. ''' ''' It has facilitated [[Peckham_Town_Centre_Forum/meetings|many events and interactions]] since then. '''<BR>
Peckham Vision is committed to developing good quality information to distribute in a variety of ways to local people, and to create innovative ways for them to become engaged in the work. There are:
* Peckham Vision shop in Holdron's Arcade, 135a Rye Lane open on Saturday afternoons 2-5pm, and
Tuesdays 2- 4pm, other times ad hoc, and with information displays every day.
* continuing events, including workshops, seminars, guided walkabouts in the town centre, and public meetings.
* exhibitions such as the [[OWR_exhibition|3 day exhibition]] in the Old Waiting Room, the exhibition displays in the ground floor foyer of Peckham library and mobile exhibitions at local community fairs.
<BR>[[Image:IMG_6082 PV displays in Peckham Library foyer.jpg|204px|]] [[ Image: Peckham Rye Fete 2012 041.jpg| 204px|]] [[Image:Peckham Rye Fete 2012 040. jpg|204px|]] [[Image:IMG 9010 - PV at The Arches Open Studio.jpg|204px|]] * regular emails to a mailing list of some 4000 local people on topical matters relating to the town centre and to the wider Peckham community and posted in the [http://peckhamresidents.wordpress.com PRN blog.]
* [http://www.facebook.com/PeckhamVision Facebook] and [http://twitter.com/PeckhamVision twitter] and local web discussion forums.
* new ways to cater for 'pop-up' volunteering to tap into the enthusiasm of hundreds of potential volunteers able to volunteer only for ad hoc opportunities.
* developing and nurturing relationships and working together with [[RLTA|traders]] and with [[Inter_faith|faith groups.]]<BR>
Visit PV shop.jpg|thumb|right|250px]]
[[Image:Holdron's sign IMG 6121adj 2400.jpg|right|250px]]
* Peckham Vision has a community shop in Holdron's Arcade at 135a Rye Lane, donated for community use by the owners Copeland Park. The shop is open on Saturdays 2-5pm and
Tuesdays from 2- 4pm. It is an information hub and a place for discussions about the town centre, and related matters, and sells for fund raising Peckham themed goods. The arcade is on the site of the original arcade in the Edwardian Holdrons as in the photo. Half the current arcade is embedded in the 1930s art deco building, now occupied by Khan's Bargain store.The other half is housed in the remnants of the Edwardian arcade behind the back of Khan's.
* Peckham Vision is a '''[[Media:Peckham Vision Constitution ( Revised 23.5.14).pdf|constituted]] '''community association. The work is managed and conducted by a small community team of residents, supported by a range of local people who volunteer for particular events and activities. A Friends organisation is planned for supporters, and for fund raising to support
and pay for the considerable work that residents are carrying out unpaid.<BR>
* Peckham Vision works with other local groups, such as the [http://www.peckhamsociety.org.uk Peckham Society,] [https://www.facebook.com/pages/Transition-Town-Peckham/151775921644315 Transition Town Peckham,] the [http://www.bellenden.net/ Bellenden Residents Group,] the [[Rye Lane Traders' Association|Rye Lane Traders' Association (RLTA),]] [http://copelandpark.com/ Copeland Park] and [http://benedictolooney.co.uk/ Benedict O’Looney Architects].<BR>
* There are working contacts with Southwark Council, and the rail companies - Network Rail and Southern Rail.
===The nature of community===
Underlying the work of Peckham Vision is the understanding that the strength of a community lies in the connections between people who live, work and run businesses there. Peckham Vision is dedicated to nurturing those connections, and exploring ways to link into the energy and enthusiasm of our neighbourhood. This work is influenced by the two systems approach developed by '''[[Media:2014 Eileen Conn biog for Peckham.pdf|Eileen Conn,]]''' long time resident of Peckham, co-ordinator and founder of Peckham Vision and associate research fellow of the TSRC (Third Sector Research Centre). Further information about the two systems ‘social eco-systems dance’ model '''[[Eileen_Conn|can be found here.]]'''
===='''Video clips relating to Peckham Vision's work'''====
* Summer 2012: '''[https://player.vimeo.com/video/44212602 5 x 15 TED type talk by Eileen Conn on the 'transformation' of Peckham in Central Rye Lane from 2005.]''' This talk was held in the straw auditorium of Bold Tendencies.
* September 2013: BBC London News '''[http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-24229352/gentrification-distorting-peckham Gentrification distorting Peckham]'''
* October 2015: '''[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bKWr2IjylM Launch of Ordinary Streets film]''' - a short film based on an ethnographic and visual exploration of the spaces, economies and cultures of ‘street’... through the lens of Rye Lane in Peckham. Eileen Conn Peckham Vision contributes.
* July 2015: '''[https://vimeo.com/134613823 Video of talk by Eileen Conn at Just Space Conference on The London Plan and Building other ways of thinking about London's economy.]'''
** [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xZkrqYPXTw&t=631s Eileen Conn on Peckham Vision as a neighbourhood planning group and part of the London Just Space network 14 min video]
** [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxrxAs_Tw0 Richard Lee on Just Space 13 Minutes video]
====Media reports relating to Peckham Vision's work====
* 13th Septenber 2017 [https://www.peckhamfestival.org/blog/6006/peckham-festival-peckham-vision-takes-shop-festival/ Peckham Festival interview blog]
* September 2017 [http://www.acorn.ltd.uk/news/2017-09-14/the-southwark-review/ 'The Southwark Review' pages 28-33 article: 'Peckham's Cultural Epicentre' including comments on role of Peckham Vision]
*[[Media:Peck Fest Acorn Review BusseyBuilding PV role.pdf|'Peckham's Cultural Epicentre' in Southwark Review as a pdf]]
'''''Previous media reports on Peckham Vision work are currently being collated.'''''