File:Councillor's briefing January 2007 update.pdf
- This is an updated version of Councillor's briefing October 2006.pdf, updated in January 2007.
This briefing pack is designed to outline the issues raised by the proposal to locate the Cross River Tram Depot on Site 63P/71P in the heart of Peckham Town Centre, and to indicate the way forward. You can see the whole text of the pack here.
- Councillors misinformed?
On Saturday 20th January 2007 Peckham Vision held an information day to give all Southwark’s Councillor’s the opportunity to get to know the proposed tram depot site in Peckham, its current users and understand its future potential. One of the Councillors said they had been persuaded by the plan to build a depot on site because some years back officers told them it would regenerate Peckham by having housing and commerce on top of the depot. In fact, property experts say it would be too expensive and the current plans do not include this. The original reasons for Peckham being selected as a preferred depot location no longer stand up, and need to be looked at again.
The Councillors visited the Bussey building which is home to a wide variety of creative, business and social uses. From the top of the building they had a breathtaking view of London, and saw the extent of the 6 acre site to Consort and Brayards Rds, earmarked for the tram depot.
You can view the full text here or download a PDF file above. The briefing pack is also available to download on a per-page basis in pdf or jpeg format:
- Download page one (jpeg) - Front Cover
- Download page two (jpeg) - Summary of Briefing
- Download page three (jpeg) - Comparison of size of Single-site and Split-site plans
- Download page four (jpeg) - Role of Site in Integrated Growth of Peckham Town Centre
- Download page five (jpeg) - Selection of Peckham for the Tram Depot
- Download page six (jpeg) - Impact of Tram Depot on Peckham Town Centre
- Download page seven (jpeg) - The Way Forward
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||22:27, 5 June 2007||(388 KB)||Admin||:''This is an updated version of Councillorbriefing 2006-10-30.pdf, updated in January 2007.'' This briefing pack is designed to outline the issues raised by the proposal to locate the Cross River Tram [[T|
- You cannot overwrite this file.