Rye Lane Traders' Association
The Rye Lane Traders' Association was established at a meeting on 4th October 2012 with the provisional aims:
- To encourage communication between members of the association and to identify common concerns or interests and take appropriate action.
- To establish good liaison with community groups representing the interests of residents and shoppers.
- To establish good liaison with the Council, the Police and other organisations and agencies with a role in the town centre.
- To help in promoting the business and commercial interests of members of the Association.
- To contribute to actions that will promote the town centre as a commercial shopping and leisure area.
In discussions between traders some of the issues that will benefit from a strong trader voice have been identified as: